Machine Learning Engineer
Hot ITem | Conclusion
32 - 40 uur
Over deze vacature
You love to solve real world problems with data & algorithms. You can bridge the gap between Data Scientists, Data Engineers & DevOps. And you are highly motivated to create valuable solutions for our customers with the latest machine learning, cloud and MLOps technologies.
As a Principal Machine Learning Engineer at Future Facts you are at the center of productionizing our AI solutions. You will coach, train and lead the team on the latest innovations in ML. You will orchestrate data pipelines for model training and prediction, industrialize and train ML algorithms and build high performance, low latency API’s.
You will do this in close co-operation with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and other stakeholders and will have the lead in code reviews and pair programming sessions. Therefore, it is key that your knowledge of code and CI/CD best practices is solid.
You will work on different ML projects with a wide range of topics. Projects we have done in the past include topics like; package return prediction for a Logistics company, fraud detection for an Insurance company and subscription cancel prediction for a Telecom company. Depending on the projects you will work either on site or remote.
Since most of our clients work in agile, DevOps and cloud environments, we have adapted this into our standards.
A few examples
- At Dura Vermeer, a smart building concept has been set up in Azure by means of AI & IoT, in which occupancy rate and atmosphere are calculated and processed in real time. This is crucial for the health of the company's employees.
- For a large waste processor we use computer vision and camera-wide inspection to detect the different waste flows and to find out how they can be optimized for processing.
Our data engineers and data scientists focus on productionizing valuable machine learning & AI solutions, and developing and deploying Machine Learning models. Every project is different, and therefore needs a different approach.
With your team, you will determine the most efficient approach, and the appropriate tooling for each project. Your expertise and seniority makes you the perfect advisor on how to implement the solutions.
Jou missen we nog
As a Principal Machine Learning Engineer, Machine Learning infrastructure is something you know everything about. Besides that, it is mandatory that you can communicate complex concepts and make them understandable for other disciplines, both technical and non-technical. To do this you need to be a team player and have excellent communication skills.
English speakers are welcome to apply, but you need to be able to understand Dutch to some extend and have the willingness to learn it, in order to participate in a meeting or make a presentation. Living in the Netherlands is also required.
Our ideal candidate would look like this:
- A MSc or PhD in e.g. Computer Science or other STEM related fields, and experience as a Machine Learning- or Software Engineer
- Experience with ML frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc. preferably on large scale projects
- Deep understanding of Machine Learning and Deep Learning related concepts
- Hands on programming skills in Python, experience with API design and the DevOps and CI/CD way of working
- Knowledge of big data processing tools, platforms and infrastructures such as Spark, PySpark, Kafka, AWS EMR, Databricks Linux, Docker, Kubernetes (nice to have),
- Experience with Cloud frameworks like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL
- Anything else you’d like to add?
Waardering voor je werk
- A gross salary between €4.000,- and - €6.000,- o.b.v. 40h
- Bonus package, a phone and laptop are of course included
- Mobility budget, a private internet plan and a general expenses allowance.
- A learning and development budget and a personal development scheme.
- A steady job in a company that has over 24 years of expertise in data.
- A young and ambitious team of data fanatics to share knowledge with.
- A flexible workspace where you can organize your work-life balance just the way you like it.
- Our very own Danz Café with a roof terrace and lots of team events where you can socialize with your colleagues.
- Weekly chair massage, a gym with personal training and a company longboat to go out onto the Amsterdam canals.